Cassava – the US $ billion-plant of Vietnam’s export.
From 26 to 29/5/2014, in Hanoi, the Board of Management of Research Centre for Tropical Agriculture (CIAT) had its first meeting on the occasion of the CIAT Asia office moved from Bangkok to Hanoi (in campus of Agricultural Genetics Institute).
According to Prof. Dr. Bui Chi Buu, one of two agricultural scientists of Vietnam was invited to advise by the organization, the reason for this move is the Vietnam office has come a long way in the planting cassava and become the 2nd largest exporter in the world (after Thailand). CIAT hope to Asian office in the capital of Vietnam, a country that has the most dynamic agricultural sector, will help CIAT facilitate more active.
According to the document circulated at the meeting, cassava area of Vietnam has 560,000 ha, exports reached US $ 1.3 billion in 2012 and US $ 1.1 billion in 2013. The cassava productivity increase 2 times mainly due to crossbreeding new varieties as KM94, KM 98-1, SM 937-26 ... from genetic resources of CIAT.
However cassava in Vietnam is not sustainable because the gap between productivity of the world's major categories, as in Tay Ninh cassava yield of 30 tons/ha (not irrigated areas) and 50 tons/ha (with additional irrigated areas), many other places only 15-17 tons/ha.
The gap between productivity by improving breeding and transfer technique has great significance in the implementation of the limited planning area but reached the high volume. The cassava cultivation area of Vietnam is facing five new dangerous pests on cassava as witches broom, mealybug, bacterial blight, whitefly, redmites.
CIAT will promote investment of US $ 13 million to build gene banks for cassava and forage trees, invest a modern laboratory in Hanoi.
Gửi cảm nhận của bạn
- Circular 31/2017/TT-BTNMT attached with QCVN 63:2017/BTNMT - National Technical Regulation on effluent discharged from the cassava starch processing factories
- Presentation of Alfa Laval Decanter (Aldec series) for sludge dewatering in waste water treatment of tapioca starch plants.
- Presentation of TX-712B separator made by Alfa Laval (Sweden) for washing of tapioca starch
- Price table of cassava on June 03rd, 2016
- Mealybug damage on 158ha of cassava
- Vietnam Cassava Weekly 3rd Report Week in August 2015
- Annual Forecasts 2014-2015 harvest cassava in excess of Yen Bai 70,000 tons of fresh cassava roots from drying cassava inactivity.
- International conference on sustainable development of cassava in Vietnam.
- China halt to import of cassava pulp from Vietnam
- Cassava – the US $ billion-plant of Vietnam’s export.
- According to the latest report of the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, in November, 2014 the total value of exports of agricultural, forestry and fishery products reached over 28 billion US dollars.
- Tapioca starch transactions at borders have more vibrant signs due to the increased needs of the Chinese customers.
- Workshop on status and development direction for Ethanol sector in Vietnam dated 14.11.2014
- Inviting to participate in learning programs and fieldwork in Japan from days 22-28/11/2014
- GRATITUDE meeting to introduce the project "Reducing losses in harvesting and processing of root crops" at Hanoi University of Science and Technology on 22.10. 2014
- Ceremony of joining new members of VCCI
- Meeting with the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment
- Danh sách hội viên
- tapioca export quantity in the first 2 months 2014 fall sharply
- Invite letter for Korean Business & investment Promotion
- Invite enterprises attend trade promotion program in Brazil
- 17/2014/TT- BTC circular about decreasing tapioca import tax
- The Notice of Meeting on Brabender
- The Notice of Meeting with GRATITUDE
- Brabender equipment for Vietnam Cassava Starch sector
- Vietnam Cassava Association 2014
- VIETNAM CASSAVA ASSOCIATION